Vestal Fire Station #3
2164 Owego Road
Current Active Membership:
Station #1 Houses:
Station #3 houses, Engine 32-3, Tanker 32-3, Mini 32-3, Utility 32-3, Boat 32-3
Over the years the town continued to grow until, near the end of World War II, Company Three was formed to protect the western end of town. The company was officially incorporated on December 3, 1945. The original station is still standing and is located on Tracy Creek Rd., just off Old Owego Road. Land for the station was donated by brother fireman, Harry Harrington.
The current Station Three building, dedicated on September 20, 1975, is located on Old Owego Rd., just east of Tracy Creek Road. This site, which was purchased from the Vestal Central School District, was known as the "Old Annex".
The growth in the town gradually moved eastward and, in 1948 Company-4 was formed.