Vestal Fire Station #1
116 North Main Street
Current Active Membership:
Station #1 Houses:
Engine 32-1, Tower 32-1, Rescue 32-1, Brush 32-1, Boat 32-1 Command Vehicle 32
Company Number One was the first fire company in the Town of Vestal. This company was officially incorporated on January 3, 1922. The first fire station in the town was erected in 1924, immediately to the south of the present Station One building on North Main St., at a cost of $11,114.
The current Station One building was dedicated on October 20, 1962.
The first piece of firefighting apparatus, which cost $3500, was an American LaFrance triple chemical pump mounted on a Brockway chassis. Funds to purchase this engine were accumulated by firemen, who held fund raising events such as dances, dinners, and door-to-door solicitations.
As time marched on and the town grew, so did the need for greater fire protection. Realizing this need, a meeting was held on January 25, 1938 to form Company-2.