Vestal Fire Station #2
2517 Route 26
Current Active Membership:
Station #2 Houses:
Engine 32-2, Tanker 32-2, Rescue 32-2, Mini 32-2, Brush 32-2, ATV 32-2, and the Traffic Control Trailer.
Realizing the need for greater fire protection within the town, sixty-five men from Vestal Center held a meeting on January 25, 1938; the purpose of which was to form a fire company in this small farm community. These men appealed to the town for funds to erect a fire station on land donated by William Fairchild, a brother fireman. Company Number Two was officially incorporated on June 2, 1938. The original station, with one addition still stands today on Powderhouse Rd., just off of Route 26.
The current Station Two building, dedicated on October 13, 1968, stands on Route 26, south of the intersection of Powderhouse Road.
Over the years the town continued to grow until, near the end of World War II, Company-3 was formed.